EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Olympian Phil Dalhausser's 'Late Start' At Beach Volleyball
Many of the athletes who'll compete at the 2012 Olympic Games in London will have trained since early childhood, but U.S. beach volleyball player Phil Dalhausser says he found his calling a little later in life.
"I started playing volleyball when I was a senior in high school," Dalhausser said in our exclusive video interview as part of our ongoing coverage of the Olympic Games. "I had a late start," he added.
Dalhausser explained that it was the persistence of both a school mentor and a best friend that got him addicted to beach volleyball. "My math teacher was the coach of the volleyball team and asked me to come out," he said. "My best buddy was on the team and pushed me towards volleyball, as well, and once I got out there I picked up the sport pretty easily. Everything came natural to me, and I became obsessed with the sport."
Watch the full video interview here:
Read more about the Olympics:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV