EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Gymnast Jordyn Wieber Says Team Gold Is Top Priority
Gymnast Jordyn Wieber, who celebrates her 17th birthday on Thursday, is one of the youngest members of the U.S. Olympic team, but when she talks about her goals for the 2012 Summer Games, she sounds like a seasoned team player.
"Our first priority would be the team competition, so getting the team gold would be the first goal," Wieber said in our exclusive video interview. Along with Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Aly Raisman and Kyla Ross, Wieber qualified earlier this month to represent the U.S. in London as part of the women's gymnastics team, and while some say she has a fighting chance at an individual medal, Wieber is most hopeful for her team as a whole.
Secondly, she's aiming for a win in her favorite events. "My favorite event is either vault or beam," Wieber, who has been practicing gymnastics since the age of four, said. "I like vault, because it's kind of a power event.... And then beam has been my favorite ever since I was younger, so I've just enjoyed learning new skills. It sounds weird but flipping on a four inch beam is fun."
Watch the full interview here:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'