EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Olympic All-Around Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas Talks 'Splurging' After Games
The U.S. Olympic women's gymnastic team, dubbed the "Fab Five," are proving how "fab" they really are, with the team, consisting of Gabby Douglas, Jordyn Wieber, McKayla Maroney, Aly Raisman and Kyla Ross, winning the gold medal in the final event on Tuesday, and now Douglas, 16, securing the gold in the women's all-around gymnastic event as of Thursday evening.
Douglas advanced to the finals early this week, beating out her U.S. Olympic teammate Wieber, and the Virginia native worked hard in training to get where she is. "We do these obstacle courses," Douglas exclusively told Uinterview before the Olympic games kicked off. "You run and jump on the table 40 times, go on the other side and jump on 20 times, 100 crunches, 25 split-jumps on each leg, 50 straddles, handstand push-ups, arch-ups, sit-ups, and a lot of that good stuff."
Now that work has paid off and she's got the gold, Douglas knows which comfort foods she will use to unwind. "After the competition I'll splurge myself with either chocolate cake or a brownie with ice cream," she told us, laughing.
For more on Gabbby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Jordyn Wieber, the Fab Five and the 2012 London Olympics:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV