EXCLUSIVE: Chaz Bono – 'I Thought I Was A Bad Lesbian'
Chaz Bono, who until 2010 was known as Chastity Bono, the daughter of pop icon Cher and late singer/politician Sonny Bono, has had a complicated journey starting out as a "she" and eventually becoming a "he" — a journey Bono shares in his new book, Transition: The Story of How I Became a Man. The feelings surrounding Bono's coming-of-age were often difficult, he says, and often directed at nobody besides himself.
As Chastity, Bono first publicly announced being a lesbian in 1995, more than a decade after he first knew he was gay. What followed was a series of relationships (with other lesbians, naturally) that failed for reasons Bono explains in our exclusive interview. "I felt like I was doing something wrong, like I was a really bad lesbian," he said, adding: "There was nothing about me that was feminine or female."
Bono went on to explain that he always felt isolated from the gynocentrism of lesbian identity. "I would get in a lot of relationships with women who seemed to try to change me in some way," he said. "It was almost as challenging being with lesbians as it was with straight women when I was younger."
Watch the full interview with Chaz Bono here:
You might also be interested in these stories:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV