Eva Longoria, Tina Fey Top List Of Highest-Paid TV Actresses
This year's list of the highest-paid actresses in television, released by Forbes, shows it pays to be funny — or beautiful. Or, at the very least, brunette. 30 Rock creator Tina Fey tied with Desperate Housewives' Eva Longoria for the top spot, with each actress earning $13 million between May 2010 and May 2011.
Forbes points out that the top 10 women in TV took in a combined total of $94 million, which to regular folk is a lot of dough, but to film actresses it's just pocket change. The top three women in film — including Angelina Jolie and Sarah Jessica Parker — earned $88 million in one year, Forbes reported, making it clear that movies still take in bigger bucks.
Wondering why Longoria edges above her Housewives counterparts? She earns extra from lucrative endorsement deals, but that does not mean her co-stars are begging in the streets. Appearing on the top ten list are Marcia Cross (third with $10 million) and Felicity Huffman and Terry Hatcher, who are tied for fifth with $9 million each.
Other actresses on the list include Law & Order SVU's Mariska Hargitay and CSI's Marg Helgenberger.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV