Emma Watson Film ‘The Bling Ring’ Premieres At Cannes
Emma Watson’s latest film, The Bling Ring directed by Sophia Coppola, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday.
Watson, who plays a celebrity-consumed house burglar, discussed her evolution as an actress since the last film in the Harry Potter films wrapped in 2011. "I'm not trying to run away from it," Watson said at a Cannes Film Festival news conference on Thursday. "I'm very proud of the work that I did. [...] So much has happened over the last three or four years. But obviously it's very present in people's minds and living rooms."
What Watson is especially fond of in her post-Harry Potter days is the freedom that comes with not playing a much-beloved character from a world famous book series. "I am used to really having to stick to my lines. Because people really know them by heart," said Watson. "So it was lovely to ad-lib or improvise. It was really special."
The 23-year-old actress may not have had to deliver on the written lines, but she did have to deliver on her thick valley-girl accent, shedding her native British lilt. “I'm just really enjoying having the chance to transform into new roles," Watson revealed. And, transforms she does as the reckless daughter of a clueless mother (Leslie Mann) who makes off with the belongings of the rich and famous; it’s a far cry from the bookish do-gooder character that launched her into international fame.
Watch the trailer for The Bling Ring below:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango