Elizabeth Olson In Talks To Join ‘Avengers 2’ Cast As Scarlet Witch
Elizabeth Olson could star in Joss Whedon’s Avengers sequel Age of Ultron as Scarlet Witch Wanda Maximoff.
Whedon reportedly went after The Host actress Saoirse Ronan for the role, but the 19-year-old actress turned the offer down. In search of a new young actress to take on the part, the director is said to be considering the youngest Olson sister, confirmed The Hollywood Reporter.
Olson has quickly been gaining acting cred in the industry after making her breakthrough in Martha Marcy May Marlene in 2011. In the eerie film, Olson plays a daughter damaged mentally and emotionally by her family’s involvement in a bizarre cult, who musters up the courage to run away. She went on to act in Red Light and Liberal Arts, and will next be seen in Kill Your Darlings as Edie Parker alongside Daniel Radcliffe.
Already set to join the cast of The Avengers: Age of Ultron is Olson’s Godzilla costar Aaron Taylor-Johnson. The Kick-Ass 2 star has been tapped to play the role of Scarlet Witch’s brother – Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen