Elizabeth Hurley's Divorce From Arun Nayar Finalized
British actress Elizabeth Hurley's divorce from Indian businessman Arun Nayar has been finalized, following their split last year.
The couple was granted a “decree nisi” at the London High Court’s Family Division by District Judge Penny Cushing on Wednesday. Neither Hurley, 46, nor Nayar, 47, were present at the hearing, which lasted all of 92 seconds. The grounds given for the divorce was Nayar's “unreasonable behavior.” The judge held that the marriage had “broken down irretrievably” and would be dissolved within six weeks. This was Hurley’s first marriage.
Hurley may receive a multi-million pound payout with the divorce. The couple did not sign a prenuptial agreement before their lavish wedding ceremonies four years ago in a palace in Jodhpur, India and a castle in Gloucestershire, England. “A pre-nup would have been a deal-breaker for Arun. He has his pride,” a source revealed to The Daily Mail.
News of the divorce broke in April, following months of estrangement, which Hurley announced in December last year via Twitter after being caught on film kissing Australian cricketer Shane Warne. “Not a great day. For the record, my husband Arun & I separated a few months ago. Our close family & friends were aware of this,” Hurley tweeted. She added, “No-one is fighting over money and I have no plans to go to Australia.” Hours later, Warne, 41, took to his own blog to confirm that his tumultuous marriage to wife Simone Callahan was also over.
A notorious ladies man Warne, 41, split from Callahan, the mother of his three children, after a string of alleged affairs, including a notorious sex text scandal in 2000 which saw him stripped of his Australian vice-captaincy. Since then, he and Hurley have been spotted together numerous times, although they refuse to comment on their relationship. The Austin Powers star has insisted, however, that she would not be marrying Warne. “Apparently I'm getting married & moving to Australia. Wow, my fictional tabloid life is exciting! Breathlessly awaiting next installment...” she tweeted this week.
Meanwhile, Nayar has been photographed in the company of Kim Johnson, a model who is 25 years younger than Hurley.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV