Drea de Matteo To Exit 'Housewives'
Drea de Matteo, 38, who plays Italian-American outlaw housewife Angie Bolen on the current season of Desperate Housewives, will be leaving the show in May, it was announced by ABC Thursday.
Series creator Marc Cherry insists that de Matteo's contract had run its course. When de Matteo signed up for the DH gig, she only wanted to do one year of the show. Plot-wise, her exit may be explained by the arrival of actor John Barrowman, who will play the man that Bolen has been hiding from on the show.
Another Housewife, Dana Delany, who plays Katherine Mayfair, may be leaving the show as well. Network president Steve McPherson has invited her to star on Body of Evidence, a new pilot for ABC that centers around a female medical examiner who used to work as a neurosurgeon. Busy times on Wisteria Lane indeed! –NATASHA ALLOWAY
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV