Dianna Agron Apologizes for Racy GQ Shoot
Though it didn't come in the form of a song, Glee star Dianna Agron apologized on her blog yesterday for her recent GQ photo shoot with co-stars Lea Michele and Corey Montieth. The photos, part of a story titled "Glee Gone Wild!," ran in this month's issue of GQ, a men's magazine geared towards 20-30-year-olds. In the shoot, Agron and Michele posed provocatively in short plaid skirts, bras and underwear.
"If you are hurt or these photos make you uncomfortable, it was never our intention," Agron wrote on her blog. "And if your 8-year-old has a copy of our GQ cover in hand, again I am sorry. But I would have to ask, how on earth did it get there?"
The controversy arose because though both Agron and Michele are 24 (Montieth, who remains fully clothed throughout the shoot, is 28), they portray high school teenagers on the show. The Parents Television Council immediately expressed outrage over the photos. "Essentially what they are doing is fetishizing high school girls," said Melissa Henson, director of communication for the group.
Glee is one of primetime television's highest-rated shows and is extremely popular among younger children. --ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV