Detroit Lions' Nick Fairley Arrested For DUI
NFL Detroit Lions' defensive tackle and consummate bad boy Nick Fairley, 24, can't seem to stay out of trouble. A first-round pick last year from Auburn University in Alabama, Fairley was arrested early on Sunday morning by Alabama State Troopers for driving under the influence (DUI).
Fairley was reportedly traveling 100 mph in his vehicle, a 2010 Cadillac Escalade, according to The Boston Herald, when he was pulled over. Fairley "showed signs of impairment," according to an Alabama Department of Public Safety release.
In addition to the DUI charge, Fairley was issued additional traffic citations for reckless driving, driving without proof of insurance, and having an open container of alcohol. He was released around 9 a.m. on Sunday after posting bond in the amount of $1,750.
"We are aware of the reports and are in the process of gathering more information," the Lions said in a statement released on Sunday.
Fairley was also arrested less than two months ago on April 3 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Daytona 500 Winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango