'Desperate Housewives' Creator Marc Cherry To Debut 'Devious Maids' On Lifetime
If you liked Desperate Housewives, you'll love Devious Maids, the new brainchild of Housewives creator Marc Cherry, who recently sold his Devious idea, for which he already got All My Children's Susan Lucci on board, to Lifetime. Also slated to star are Ana Ortiz of Ugly Betty and Boston Legal, Judy Reyes of Scrubs and Oz, Dania Ramirez (pictured) of Entourage and Heroes, and Roselyn Sanchez of Without a Trace, who also did a stint on Desperate Housewives. Eva Longoria is also an executive producer of Devious Maids.
Cherry was originally looking to land ABC, the home of Desperate Housewives, for Devious Maids, but found a niche among the execs of Lifetime, which is also, incidentally, owned by ABC Studios, reports USA Today. "We are thrilled to be getting into business with one of entertainment's true visionaries, said Nancy Dubuc and Rob Sharenow in a joint statement. "This show and Marc Cherry's unique storytelling voice perfectly articulate Lifetime's strategy of attracting top-tier creatives with their most original and exciting projects."
Devious Maids will premiere on Lifetime sometime in 2013.
For more on Susan Lucci, Marc Cherry, Eva Longoria, Desperate Housewives and Devious Maids:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent