Demi Lovato’s Estranged Father, Patrick Lovato, Dies At 53
Demi Lovato’s father, Patrick Lovato died on Saturday at the age of 53. The cause of his death has yet to be confirmed, although it was reported that he had been battling cancer.
Demi Lovato had been estranged from her father for several years following his divorce from her mother in 1994. In 2009, the 20-year-old singer revealed that she had not spoken to him in two years. Her track from 2011's Unbroken, “For the Love of a Daughter,” which includes lyrics such as "Oh father, please father, put the bottle down...,” is believed to be about him.
Patrick has often taken to the media in an attempt to reach out to his daughter, who has opened up in the past with her own struggles, including bipolar disorder and a history of self mutilation. "I love her so much, and I just want her to call me," Patrick told Radar Online last year. "This is the only way I can talk to her, I try to reach her but it never works."
On Saturday, Demi put aside her tumultuous past with her father and took to Twitter to write, "Rest in peace Daddy, I love you…” She also declined to attend The X Factor photo shoot that was taking place that day. X Factor creator Simon Cowell expressed his condolences, writing, “My thoughts are with you Demi.”
Most Popular News
- Gwyneth Paltrow & Ewan McGregor Shoot Scenes For 'Â˜Mortdecai' In London
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
- Patricia Cornwell On 'Â˜Dust,'Â™ Sandy Hook, New TV Show [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Josh Gad Video Interview On 'Frozen,' His Character Olaf
Hill Harper Video Interview On 'Incarcerated Brother'
Top Comedy Videos
- Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams, Please Make Babies Already! - Your Tango
- Holiday Movie Preview 2013 - MovieFone