David Beckham: I May Stay In L.A.
David Beckham, 36, may have been in the news lately for his new arrival at home, daughter Harper Seven, with wife Victoria Beckham, 37, but he hasn't forgotten about his soccer career. Beckham found himself winding down a bit with an Achilles tendon injury in March when kicking off the fifth and final year of his contract with Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy, but he's had a strong season and doesn't want to call it quits just yet.
"I still feel good, I feel healthy. I'm still enjoying getting up in the morning to go training," he said at a press conference. Beckham envisions himself sticking with the game for "one, maybe two, more years." Though he made a name for himself playing for teams in his native England, like Manchester United and the England National Team, among others, he would be happy to finish out his career right where he is in L.A.
"This is the last year in my contract but I enjoy playing in this league, for this franchise, with the players we have and with Bruce Arena as my manager," he said. He has not yet discussed extending his contract with Galaxy, but also said he would be open to returning to England if it came down to it. "I'll always leave that door open," he said, reports USA Today.
Over the weekend Beckham played in the friendly match between Galaxy and Manchester City, which is trying to rise to the ranks of Man U in the game. Man City won the friendly 7 to 6, on a penalty kick.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango