David Beckham Benched By Injury
Soccer superstar David Beckham was seriously injured while playing for AC Milan Sunday. The 34-year-old veteran tore his Achilles tendon while playing against soccer team Chievo from Verona, Italy, in the last few minutes of the game. The injury will not only put him on the bench for the Los Angeles Galaxy season, it also rules out his chances of playing in the 2010 World Cup.
Visibly upset, a tearful Beckham reportedly limped off the field and the accident overshadowed AC Milan's 1-0 victory. The injury will not permanently destroy the star's career and doctors say it's very likely that he will play again, but it crushed the former captain's dream to be the only Brit to play in four World Cup series. The star is headed to Finland for treatment and his wife, Victoria Beckham, is reportedly flying out of Los Angeles to be by his side. –KRIS ALCANTARA
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV