Daft Punk Releases New Single: 'Get Lucky' Feat. Pharrell Williams
Daft Punk recently released 'Get Lucky' featuring Pharrell Williams off of their upcoming album, Random Access Memories – further teasing their fans for its eventual arrival.
The group initially started by releasing only snippets of "Get Lucky." Radio stations, eager to get the song on the air, roughly put the snippets together to compile a fake version of the new single. The hasty move by the radio stations forced the duo to get the official edition of the song out, which they did Thursday night on iTunes.
"Get Lucky" includes Williams' distinct vocal sound and Nile Rodgers' guitar skills to elevate it beyond anything off of Daft Punk's last two albums – the Tron soundtrack (2010) and Human After All (2005). They've replaced the electronic tilt, with 70s funk – settling into a throwback genre that they're proving can be timeless.
Random Access Memories is set to be released on May 20.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'