Conrad Murray Sentenced To Four Years In Jail
The man who was found guilty of manslaughter in the case of Michael Jackson's death was sentenced Tuesday to four years in prison. Conrad Murray, Jackson's doctor, may only serve half of the sentence due to overcrowding in California jails, CBS News reports.
Following six weeks of testimony, a Los Angeles jury convicted Murray, 58, of one count of involuntary manslaughter for the death of the pop star earlier this month. The Houston cardiologist administered the powerful anesthetic propofol to treat Jackson's chronic insomnia — actions, the jury found, that led to his death. Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said Murray's behavior represented a "horrific violation of trust" and called the heavy use of propofol "medicine madness."
Jackson's mother Katherine and siblings LaToya, Jermaine, Randy and Rebbie were present at the proceedings.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV