Conan Signs Off With Class – And Cowbells
Though week leading up to Friday's farewell show of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien was filled with as many vicious jokes and as much NBC bashing as the network has probably ever experienced, in the end Conan O'Brien went out with dignity – and a lot of laughs. Steve Carrell, star of The Office, shredded Conan’s NBC ID card. Tom Hanks talked of the old days when Conan was just a writer at Saturday Night Live. Neil Young appropriately played his classic, "Long May You Run." Beside Beck, bandleader Max Weinberg, and Conan himself, Will Ferrell played a hilarious-yet-solemnly-sweet rendition of the Lynard Skynard staple "Free Bird," furiously smashing the cowbell he made famous in an SNL skit.
Conan’s final words were ones of reconciliation toward NBC. “This is the best job in the world," he told the audience. "I have the best staff and crew in the history of media, and I will fight anyone who says different. I do not regret one second of anything we’ve done here. I have had more good fortune than anyone I know. “
Holding back tears, he then directed his message to his fans. “Finally, I have something to say to our fans. You’ve made a sad situation joyous and inspirational. I can never ever thank you enough for the kindness to me, I will think about it for the rest of my life. Please do not be cynical, nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and be kind, amazing things will happen.” –JOE GALBO
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic