'Conan' Premiere Beats Leno In Ratings
Score one for Team Coco. The Monday night premiere of Conan on TBS garnered 4.2 million viewers, beating rival Jay Leno's The Tonight Show, which brought in 3.5 million.
Conan O'Brien, who was unceremoniously dismissed from Tonight Show hosting duties to make way for his predecessor Leno in January, opened his new show with a rehash of the past year's events. The comedian, who has said in previous interviews that he was depressed following his firing, made light of the situation in a taped introduction and then again in his opening monologue. His debut show's guests were Seth Rogen and Glee star Lea Michele.
Conan also fared well among the 18-34 age demographic, coveted by advertisers, with 2.45 million adults in that age bracket watching. --ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic