'Colbert Report' Taping Unexpectedly Suspended
While exact reasons remain unclear, production of Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" was suspended Wednesday and Thursday, according to the New York Times. "Unforeseen circumstances" is the only explanation offered by a Comedy Central spokesperson.
Notices had earlier been sent to audience members planning to attend Wednesday's show that taping had been canceled, and re-runs were subsequently scheduled to air. This unusual and sudden happening is a first for "The Colbert Report," a satirical newscast hosted by comedian Stephen Colbert.
“Due to unforeseen circumstances, the show will air repeat episodes on Wednesday, February 15 and Thursday, February 16,” Comedy Central spokesman Steve Albani said in an e-mail.
Comedy Central's other news-related program, Jon Stewart's The Daily Show, has suspended production in this manner only twice, according to Third-Beat.com. The first time was when Stewart's second child was born, and the second was when a staff member passed away suddenly.
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Walker Dies At Age 40 In Tragic Car Accident
- Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell: Paul Walker'Â™s Girlfriend Collapsed After Learning Of His Death
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Steve Coogan Video Interview On 'Philomenia,' Judi Dench
Top Comedy Videos
The Most Shocking Celebrity Breakups Of 2013 - Your Tango
- Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams, Please Make Babies Already! - Your Tango
- Peter Jackson’s 10 Best Action Sequences - MovieFone