'Colbert Report' Taping Unexpectedly Suspended
While exact reasons remain unclear, production of Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" was suspended Wednesday and Thursday, according to the New York Times. "Unforeseen circumstances" is the only explanation offered by a Comedy Central spokesperson.
Notices had earlier been sent to audience members planning to attend Wednesday's show that taping had been canceled, and re-runs were subsequently scheduled to air. This unusual and sudden happening is a first for "The Colbert Report," a satirical newscast hosted by comedian Stephen Colbert.
“Due to unforeseen circumstances, the show will air repeat episodes on Wednesday, February 15 and Thursday, February 16,” Comedy Central spokesman Steve Albani said in an e-mail.
Comedy Central's other news-related program, Jon Stewart's The Daily Show, has suspended production in this manner only twice, according to Third-Beat.com. The first time was when Stewart's second child was born, and the second was when a staff member passed away suddenly.
You might also like:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV