'Colbert Report' Taping Unexpectedly Suspended
While exact reasons remain unclear, production of Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" was suspended Wednesday and Thursday, according to the New York Times. "Unforeseen circumstances" is the only explanation offered by a Comedy Central spokesperson.
Notices had earlier been sent to audience members planning to attend Wednesday's show that taping had been canceled, and re-runs were subsequently scheduled to air. This unusual and sudden happening is a first for "The Colbert Report," a satirical newscast hosted by comedian Stephen Colbert.
“Due to unforeseen circumstances, the show will air repeat episodes on Wednesday, February 15 and Thursday, February 16,” Comedy Central spokesman Steve Albani said in an e-mail.
Comedy Central's other news-related program, Jon Stewart's The Daily Show, has suspended production in this manner only twice, according to Third-Beat.com. The first time was when Stewart's second child was born, and the second was when a staff member passed away suddenly.
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- Howard Stern Delivers Eulogy At Joan Rivers' Funeral, Starts With Dirty Joke
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Brenton Thwaites & Odeya Rush On 'The Giver,' Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges