Christina Aguilera Tributes Etta James At Funeral
Legendary singer Etta James was eulogized by Rev. Al Sharpton at a memorial service on Saturday at City of Refuge Church in Gardena, California. Pop singer Christina Aguilera was on hand to honor James with her own soulful rendition of "At Last," one of James' signature songs.
"Out of all the singers that I've ever heard, she was the one that cut right to my soul and spoke to me," Aguilera said before starting to sing in low, husky tones. Aguilera also said that she includes "At Last" at every concert performance.
James, 73, died on January 20 after a long battle with leukemia. Beyoncé, who portrayed James in the 2008 film Cadillac Records, said she was honored to have met her. "Etta James was one of the greatest vocalists of our time. I am so fortunate to have met such a queen," she told MTV News. "Her musical contributions will last a lifetime."
Stevie Wonder also performed at the service, singing with the church choir.
Watch the video here:
Read more here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV