Chris Martin Hawks New Album On 'The Colbert Report'
Coldplay's latest album, Mylo Xyloto, comes out Tuesday, and frontman Chris Martin is getting the word out that the band's latest effort is going to be unique departure from their earlier work. "We wanted to have something that didn't mean anything else. We made up Xyloto. When we Googled it, nothing came up. Mylo Xyloto doesn't bring any meaning with it, so in that sense we're beginning with a clean slate," Martin told USA Today.
Thursday night he sat for a hilarious interview with Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report. "You are a seven-time Grammy winner, I am a one-time Grammy winner,” Colbert said. “Between us we average four Grammys.” Martin got in a few jokes of his own, particularly about rival band Radiohead. "We are not as good musically, but much more attractive," he said.
Watch the interview with Colbert here:
Watch Coldplay's perform their single "Paradise" here:
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Harrison Ford Resumes Filming 'Star Wars: Episode VII' After Leg Injury
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen