Chris Martin Hawks New Album On 'The Colbert Report'
Coldplay's latest album, Mylo Xyloto, comes out Tuesday, and frontman Chris Martin is getting the word out that the band's latest effort is going to be unique departure from their earlier work. "We wanted to have something that didn't mean anything else. We made up Xyloto. When we Googled it, nothing came up. Mylo Xyloto doesn't bring any meaning with it, so in that sense we're beginning with a clean slate," Martin told USA Today.
Thursday night he sat for a hilarious interview with Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report. "You are a seven-time Grammy winner, I am a one-time Grammy winner,” Colbert said. “Between us we average four Grammys.” Martin got in a few jokes of his own, particularly about rival band Radiohead. "We are not as good musically, but much more attractive," he said.
Watch the interview with Colbert here:
Watch Coldplay's perform their single "Paradise" here:
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen