Chris Colfer Sells Pilot For New Show
A spoiler-happy extra isn't going to keep Glee's Chris Colfer down. The Disney Channel just announced it has picked up a pilot for a children's show written by the 20-year-old sensation, reports Hollywood Reporter. Called The Little Leftover Witch, based on the book by Florence Laughlin, the pilot is about a family who takes in a witch after she falls from her broom and lands on their lawn.
It seems that the ambitious young actor is starting to take his writing career pretty seriously. He will also write and star in the upcoming independent film, Struck by Lightning, a coming-of-age comedy. Not that Colfer's Glee character, Kurt Hummel, is getting the short shrift. Colfer is fresh off a Golden Globe win for Best Supporting Actor for the role. He dedicated the award "to all the kids who are constantly told ... by bullies at school ... that they can't have what they want."
Struck by Lightning is in pre-production. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV