NBC Shelves 'Community,' Announces Chelsea Handler Sitcom
NBC is planning on giving its primetime lineup a makeover this midseason amid sinking ratings. Not only will they table Thursday night's Community to slot-shift the new Will Arnett / Christina Applegate comedy Up All Night and make room for the Thursday return of 30 Rock, but the network will also premiere a new show, Are You There, Chelsea, on Wednesday nights at 8:30 p.m., right after the new timeslot they give Whitney.
Are You There, Chelsea? is a show loosely based on the similarly titled book, Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, about the 20-something antics of comedian and late-night talk show hostess with the mostess, Chelsea Handler. Though Handler will have a role on the show and appear in the pilot airing on Juanuary 11, she will not play herself in the new adaptation. Those sky-high stilettos will be filled by That 70s Show's Laura Prepon.
Instead Handler will portray her own older sister, Sloane Handler, whom she often refers to as "the Mormon sister" in her books and routines. Prepon is excited about the chance to portray Handler's alter ego. "Chelsea and I are similar, so it's perfect we play sisters," she told Zap2it. "It's funny, because her vodka is my favorite vodka too; we both drink the same thing!"
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV