Channing Tatum On 'Magic Mike': Future Plans May Include Prequel, Broadway
Good news, ladies: Channing Tatum isn't about to let his Magic Mike fans down — it turns out that Tatum, 32, has plans to pursue a sequel to the summer hit, also starring Matthew McConaughey, Olivia Munn, Alex Pettyfer, Cody Horn, Matt Bomer and Joe Manganiello and loosely inspired by Tatum's own stripping past.
"Yes, yes and yes!" Tatum wrote in a Twitter interview for Glamour magazine over the summer when asked if Magic Mike might warrant a sequel. "We're working on the concept now. We want to flip the script and make it bigger."
But before that, there's even talk of taking Magic Mike to Broadway in the form of a play. "We really want to," Tatum told the German site, Filmstarts. Before you point out that Steven Soderbergh's longstanding plans to retire might nix the project, Tatum is already brainstorming a solution to that potential glitch, suggesting that he might take the reins himself or convince writer Reid Carolin to step into a directing role.
What would the plot to a Magic Mike sequel look like? "We're actually talking about the possibility of doing a prequel," Manganiello told Hollywood.com this summer.
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV