Channing Tatum Gives MTV A Sneak Peek Of His Stripper Movie 'Magic Mike'
Channing Tatum appeared with co-star Matthew McConaughey at an MTV Sneak Peek Screening of Magic Mike on Thursday. The event was part of the network's Sneak Peek Week leading up to the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday.
Magic Mike, which is based on Tatum's early career as a male stripper and also stars Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer and Alex Pettyfer, is out June 29. Director Steven Soderbergh was instrumental in getting Tatum to tell his story on the big screen. "I was having a beer with Soderbergh — we were doing a movie together — and I told him about [my past stripping]. I'd been doing it for eight months of my life when I was, like, 18 or 19, and he said, 'We gotta make a movie out of that," Tatum told MTV. "And I was like, 'Why? Why do we need to do that?' And he said, 'I've never seen that world on film before.' And then we really started talking about that, and we thought it would be really hilarious but still grounded in reality."
Watch the trailer for Magic Mike here:
Read more here:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango