Celine Dion: I'm 'Scared' Of Show Biz
Though no official coroner's report has yet been released to reveal what killed Whitney Houston last Saturday, at least one star is speaking out about the hazards of celebrity, using Houston as an example. Celine Dion, 43, recently revealed her own opinions about how stars need to guard themselves against pressures to succumb to substance abuse.
"Whitney has been an amazing inspiration for me," Dion told Good Morning America via phone. "It's just really unfortunate that drugs, bad people, bad influences took over her dreams, her motherhood," she said.
The "My Heart Will Go On" singer went on to cite Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, and Amy Winehouse as examples of people whose lives and careers were destroyed by addiction. "Is it because of the stress and bad influence?" the mother of three rhetorically asked. "What happens when you have everything? What happens when you have love, support, the family, motherhood? You have responsibilities of a mother and then something happens and it destroys everything."
Dion went on to blame Houston's problems on the pressure of show biz. "I am so scared. I'm scared of show business. I'm scared of drugs. I'm scared of hanging out. That's why I don't do parties and I don't hang out. That's why I'm not part of show business. We have to be afraid."
Initial reports suggested that Houston may have drowned in her Beverly Hilton bathtub, according to the New York Daily News, but there is rampant speculation that drugs were involved, especially given the Houston's past struggles with substance abuse. An autopsy was conducted on Sunday, but the toxicology tests are not yet in.
Check out these related stories:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV