Catherine Zeta-Jones In Treatment For Bipolar Disorder
Catherine Zeta-Jones, 41, Oscar winner and wife of Michael Douglas, recently sought treatment for bipolar disorder, it was revealed Wednesday. "After dealing with the stress of the past year, Catherine made the decision to check in to a mental health facility for a brief stay to treat her Bipolar II disorder," her rep said in a statement. "She's feeling great and looking forward to starting work this week on her two upcoming films."
Stress indeed! For years, Zeta-Jones maintained a low-key lifestyle with her husband and their children Dylan, 10, and Carys, 7, in the Bahamas, but was back in the spotlight as she helped Douglas fight a grueling battle with throat cancer. Just months after Douglas was declared cancer-free, he entered a legal battle with ex-wife Diandra Douglas, who is currently suing him for half of his earnings from his recent film, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.
Zeta-Jones’ next film, Playing the Field with Judy Greer and Gerard Butler, begins filming this week. She also has plans to star in Lay the Favorite with Bruce Willis and Justin Timberlake. —KATIE LUSCOMBE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV