Casey Anthony To Go Free On Wednesday
Though Casey Anthony, 25, was found not guilty on Tuesday of the crime of killing her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie, the now-infamous mom was convicted on four counts of lying to police regarding the case, each of which led investigators down cold trails, according to Judge Belvin Perry. Perry handed down a sentence for Anthony on Thursday morning which gives her the maximum sentence for her convicted crime, but still has her walking free in six days.
How did this happen? It was determined that Anthony would serve four years in jail — one year for every lie for which she was found guilty — to run consecutive to each other. However, Perry met with lawyers on Thursday morning to determine how much of that four-year sentence would be credited to time already served, which exceeded three years' time, reported CNN.
Perry also stipulated that time served with good behavior would be taken into account when determining how much more time Anthony would have to spend in jail. All the calculations came out to Anthony being released from custody next Wednesday, July 13. Perry also instituted a monetary fine for her crimes — $1000 for each of the four counts, equaling $4000 total.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV