Carey Mulligan Talks Losing Weight, Shia LaBeouf
Don't make her give up pizza again! When the already petite Carey Mulligan was forced to lose weight for her role in An Education, she did not have a good time.
"Weetabix for breakfast, soup for lunch and salad for dinner," she said in the latest issue of Elle Magazine UK about her dieting regimen. "'No, I will not have that glass of wine! Put that pizza away!' It was not fun. I look back and it's really, really not worth depriving yourself."
The actress added that she thought that her slimmed-down physique was unappealing. "I was very thin at the beginning of An Education and I remember the scene where I'm dancing and you can see my spine. Yuck. I would never want to be so thin that someone would think it was a good idea to be thin, and make themselves miserable. I know this sounds wanky, but I would never want to set a bad example, basically."
Mulligan also opened up about her Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps co-star, and recent ex, Shia LaBeouf, though she shied away from the romantic aspects of their relationship. "I always wanted to work with him, above and beyond anything else, because I thought he was so amazing in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints," she said. "I don't want to meet all these amazing people, that's not the thrill -- I want to work with them."
The Brit stars with Keira Knightley and Andrew Garfield in the thriller Never Let Me Go, based on the novel by Kazuo Ishiguro. —ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV