BREAKING: George Clooney Arrested During Protest
Oscar-winning actor George Clooney was arrested outside the Sudanese Embassy in Washington, D.C., BuzzFeed reported. The protesters, which also included George's father, Nick Clooney, were calling attention to the actions of Sudan president Omar al-Bashir, who has blocked humanitarian efforts to send food and aid to the country.
George, Nick, U.S. Rep. Jim Moran of Virginia and NAACP President Ben Jealous, among other protesters, were handcuffed after being warned repeatedly not to cross a police line outside the embassy. They were arrested and placed into a U.S. Secret Service van.
Before being arrested, the protesters held a sign that read: “Sudan: Stop Weapons of Mass Starvation.”
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Review Roundup: Critics Give Sequel Top Marks
- Chris Hemsworth Films Scenes As Thor For 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Tom Hardy Shoots Scenes For 'Legend'
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'