Bradley Cooper Talked Up For 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' — But Hasn't Read The Book
If you're one of the women on the dozens of Fifty Shades of Grey message boards who thinks that Bradley Cooper, 37, of The Hangover and The A Team has just the right stuff to play Christian Grey in a film version of E. L. James' Fifty Shades "mommy porn" phenomenon, you're not alone. But Cooper doesn't see it.
"I don't believe that that's true," Cooper said of any casting rumors, reports ClevverNews on its YouTube channel. "I haven't even read it," Cooper said of the book, emphasizing that he had no inside knowledge into the book or the inevitable upcoming movie role. "I don't know anything about it, other than that it's a sex book," he said, at which point the conversation dropped.
Other actors rumored to fill the highly coveted role? After Matt Bomer was dissed by hopeful screenplay adapter Bret Easton Ellis, who penned such novels as Less than Zero and American Psycho in the 1980s but was recently revealed to be an unlikely choice for Fifty Shades of Grey, Ian Somerhalder of The Vampire Diaries and formerly of Lost has been the name on everyone's lips. It was even whispered that he was scheduled to have a talk with the filmmakers, but that appeared to be untrue, reports the Examiner.com.
Watch Cooper's disavowal here:
For more on 50 Shades of Grey and Bradley Cooper:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Julia Mancuso Headed Back To The Slopes
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango