Brad Pitt's Mom Writes Surprising Anti-Gay, Pro-Romney Letter
Actor Brad Pitt, one of Hollywood's most vociferous supporters of President Barack Obama and a well-documented supporter of marriage equality, clearly does not share the political views of his mother, Jane Pitt. In a recent letter, Jane Pitt expressed her support of Obama's opponent Mitt Romney, calling on her fellow church-goers to vote for the Republican presidential candidate.
"[A]ny Christian should spend much time in prayer before refusing to vote for a family man with high morals, business experience, who is against abortion, and shares Christian conviction concerning homosexuality just because he is a Mormon," Jane Pitt wrote in Missouri's Springfield News-Leader.
But Brad Pitt's mom did not stop at a political endorsement of Romney; she criticized Obama for his socially progressive ideas, which are, in her view, anti-Christian. "Any Christian who does not vote or writes in a name is casting a vote for Romney’s opponent, Barack Hussein Obama — a man who sat in Jeremiah Wright’s church for years, did not hold a public ceremony to mark the National Day of Prayer, and is a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage," she wrote.
Read Jane Pitt's letter in full here.
You might also be interested in these related stories:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango