Brad Pitt To Retire From Acting
Ever since he appeared in Thelma & Louise in 1991, Brad Pitt has had a stable career in front of the camera. Now Pitt, 47, says he'll be ready to quit acting for good in favor of more behind-the-scenes production work — in about three years. The timing might sound rather odd for Pitt, who has won rave reviews for his performance in this year's Moneyball and is widely expected to earn a Best Actor Oscar nomination.
When asked how much longer he would stay in the business, Pitt produced a direct, simple answer. "Three years," he told Australia's 60 Minutes. He said he would leave acting in order to become more involved in getting new and unusual stories off the ground. "I am really enjoying the producing side and development of stories and putting those pieces together. Getting stories to the plate that might have had a tougher times otherwise."
Pitt also hinted that he and longtime girlfriend Angelina Jolie (pictured), with whom he shares custody of six children, may have plans to expand their already large family. "I don’t know that we’re finished," he said. "I don’t know yet."
Explaining that the question of how happy he is does not really interest him any more, Pitt admitted that he his level of satisfaction with career and family tends to wax and wane, though he prefers to look at the big picture. "I think happiness is overrated, truthfully. I do. I think sometimes you’re happy, sometimes you’re not. There’s too much pressure to be happy," he said. "I know I will be at times and I know I won’t be at times. Satisfied, at peace, those would be more goals for myself."
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV