Bobby Brown Storms Out Of Whitney Houston's Funeral
Whitney Houston’s funeral wasn’t without drama. Houston’s ex-husband, Bobby Brown, 43, made a brief appearance at the service, leaving after only 20 minutes. According to police sources, the New Edition singer left after a dispute with security over seating arrangements, reports CNN. Apparently Brown was upset that his entourage couldn’t sit together.
Brown also complained that security prevented him from seeing his daughter with Houston, Bobbi Kristina, who was recently hospitalized for stress and anxiety.
In a statement to People, Brown said, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us to move."
"In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene,” the statement said, “I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”
While at the time there were conflicting reports as to the exact reason for Brown’s abrupt departure, his agent Jeff Allen, stated that he left early to make it to a New Edition concert in Connecticut at the Mohegan Sun Arena, reports E! News. Brown played to a sold-out crowd and received a standing ovation for his performance of “Hit Me Off.” After which he pointed a finger to the sky and said, "Blessings to my ex-wife, Whitney Houston. I love you."
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV