'Blade Runner' Sequel In The Works
Rumors about a Blade Runner sequel have been flying about Hollywood for years, but it was recently revealed that director Ridley Scott, 74, has real plans to helm a follow-up to his 1982 iconic sci-fi film.
Earlier this year Scott teamed up with production company Alcon Entertainment for a new Blade Runner project, though neither director nor producers revealed much information. Now Scott says that the new undertaking is "liable to be a sequel," to the original thriller, according to Speakeasy.com. "I think I'm close to finding a writer that might be able to help me deliver," the director added. "We're quite a long way in, actually."
Fans of Harrision Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, and Edward James Olmos shouldn't jump out of their seats just yet, however. Though Scott is proceeding with the Blade Runner follow-up, it is "not with the past cast, of course," he said.
If you can't wait through the filming and production process to see Scott direct another sci-fi film, however, don't lose heart. He just wrapped Prometheus, a loosely based prequel to his 1979 classic, Alien, starring X-Men: First Class's Michael Fassbender and The Road's Charlize Theron. It is slated to hit theaters in June of 2012.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV