'Black Swan' Nominated for 12 Critics' Choice Awards
With a record 12 nominations for the Critics' Choice Awards, Black Swan, starring Natalie Portman as a ballerina obsessed with perfection, has emerged as the early frontrunner for this awards season.
The Darren Aronofsky-directed thriller picked up nominations in the Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress (for Mila Kunis) categories. In limited release, the movie has already grossed close to $6 million, and finished sixth in this weekend's box office despite playing in only 90 theaters.
Also nominated in the Best Picture category were James Franco's hiking thriller, 127 Hours; the Mark Wahlberg-Christian Bale boxing drama, The Fighter; Christopher Nolan's mind-bender, Inception; Colin Firth's The King's Speech; The Social Network; Ben Affleck's heist flick, The Town; the Coen brothers' True Grit; Winter's Bone; and Toy Story 3.
The King's Speech and True Grit each earned 11 nominations, while Inception, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, received 10 and The Social Network, starring Jesse Eisenberg as Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, received nine.
The Critics' Choice Awards take place Friday, January 14. —ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV