B.J. Novak Lands Seven-Figure, Two-Book Deal
Knopf has purchased two books by B.J. Novak, who played Ryan Howard on The Office, for an unspecified seven-figure amount, The New York Times reports.
One of the books, which Novak has apparently already written, is fiction and will be released in 2014.
“The closest analogy for me is Woody Allen,” Novak’s literary agent Richard Abate told the Times of Novak’s stories. “Underneath these stories is a real intellectual curiosity. I think their appeal is that they’re incredibly accessible and comic, but at the same time they’re exploring the modern condition.”
Novak, 33, was a writer, co-executive producer and cast member of The Office.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ytc9-wGCHW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zHnD92b_RNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Novak has also appeared in number of movies, including Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds. He is slated to appear in two films in 2013: The Internship, starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, and Saving Mr. Banks, starring Tom Hanks.
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango