Bindi Irwin, Steve Irwin's Daughter, Is Latest Victim Of Internet Death Hoax
Bindi Irwin, 14, daughter of the late “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin, is very much alive despite rumors circulating the Internet that she had died last weekend.
Irwin is the most recent celebrity falling victim to an Internet death hoax as word began to spread on Twitter that the Australian teen had died. At the same time, the search term “Steve Irwin daughter dies” reached No. 4 on MSN’s hottest search list, reported Social Daily News.
Due to an increased interest in Irwin’s new film Return to Nims Island and a techno-snafu that mixed up queries on the younger Irwin with searches for her father who died in 2006, the incorrect term rose rapidly on the charts.
Irwin isn't the first victim of a death hoax. Last February when the hashtag RIPSouljaBoy began trending on Twitter, a false rumor quickly spread suggesting that Souja Boy had died.
Irwin took to Twitter yesterday to wish American dads a great Father’s Day. “I hope all the Dads had a wonderful Father’s Day in America,” she tweeted.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango