Billy Currington, Country Singer, Charged With Elder Abuse
Billy Currington, a Grammy-nominated country singer, was arrested and booked on charges of elder abuse in Georgia on Thursday, TMZ reported.
Currington allegedly grew angry at 70-year-old tour captain Charles Ferrelle, who was steering his riverboat too close to the "Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer" singer's dock. Cops say he then hopped into his own boat with a camera and followed the elderly man in order to berate him and ultimately threaten his life.
One eyewitness told cops that the wake caused by Ferrelle's close proximity to the dock nearly caused another elderly man to fall into the water, according to TMZ.
The incident, which occurred on Monday, April 15, was presented to a grand jury this week. The grand jury ultimately found the country star guilty of making terroristic threats and abusing an elderly person, according to court documents.
On Wednesday, Currington wrote on Twitter, "Hey guys, I wanted to thank everyone for the huge amount of support that I have received already. Unfortunately, I can't comment on this situation as this is an ongoing legal matter. It means a lot to me to have your support during this time."
Currington, whose bond was set at $27,000, is reportedly still in police custody.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'