Billy Crystal To Step In As Oscars Host
As word spread Wednesday about the dual departure of producer Brett Ratner and host Eddie Murphy from 84th Academy Awards, so did speculation of who would replace them. Today, an answer: Brian Grazer will step up as producer, and veteran comedian (and Oscars host) Billy Crystal will emcee the February 2012 event, EW.com reports.
Crystal broke the news on his Twitter page. “Am doing the Oscars so the young woman in the pharmacy will stop asking my name when I pick up my prescriptions. Looking forward to the show,” he tweeted Thursday to his 61,285 followers. The Academy of Motion Picture of Arts & Sciences have not officially announced their selection, but Crystal is a logical and safe choice. He hosted the ceremony for the eighth time in 2004.
Ratner resigned from the post of producer Tuesday after stirring up controversy and outrage with his use of an anti-gay slur — a decision that led his friend Murphy to back out as host.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV