Bill Russell Arrested After Attempting To Walk Through Airport Security With Loaded Gun
Bill Russell, an NBA Hall of Famer, was arrested on Wednesday after he tried to go through security at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport with a loaded gun.
Russell, 79, had a .38 caliber pistol in his carry on luggage that held six rounds of ammunition, according to a TSA spokesperson. After his attempt to go through security, he was turned over to Port of Seattle police. No disruptions occurred at the airport.
The TSA could have fined Russell anywhere from $3,000 to $7,500 for the offense, according to CBS Sports.
Over the weekend, Russell released an apology for his error. "Before boarding my flight from Seattle to Boston, I had accidentally left a legal firearm in my bag," he said in a statement. "I apologize and truly regret the mistake. I was issued a citation by the TSA, whose agents couldn't have been more thorough and professional when dealing with this. I really appreciate their efforts to keep air travel safe."
Russell had been a center in the NBA, and was an 11-time champion in the league with the Boston Celtics. He later coached the Seattle Supersonics.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen