Bill Russell Arrested After Attempting To Walk Through Airport Security With Loaded Gun
Bill Russell, an NBA Hall of Famer, was arrested on Wednesday after he tried to go through security at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport with a loaded gun.
Russell, 79, had a .38 caliber pistol in his carry on luggage that held six rounds of ammunition, according to a TSA spokesperson. After his attempt to go through security, he was turned over to Port of Seattle police. No disruptions occurred at the airport.
The TSA could have fined Russell anywhere from $3,000 to $7,500 for the offense, according to CBS Sports.
Over the weekend, Russell released an apology for his error. "Before boarding my flight from Seattle to Boston, I had accidentally left a legal firearm in my bag," he said in a statement. "I apologize and truly regret the mistake. I was issued a citation by the TSA, whose agents couldn't have been more thorough and professional when dealing with this. I really appreciate their efforts to keep air travel safe."
Russell had been a center in the NBA, and was an 11-time champion in the league with the Boston Celtics. He later coached the Seattle Supersonics.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Daytona 500 Winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango