Benedict Cumberbatch Shower Scene Cut From ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’
Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays villain Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness, had filmed a shower scene for the sci-fi sequel that didn’t make the cut in the director’s room.
This scene-cut revelation is coming on the heels of some backlash leveled at J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof for what was determined to be a gratuitous shot of Alice Eve in her underwear.
Lindelof took to Twitter to apologize and to essentially acknowledge that the nearly-nude scene served no narrative purpose. He also pointed out that Chris Pine had been shot shirtless for the film, but never mentioned the shower scene of Cumberbatch that movie viewers were robbed of.
When Abrams appeared on Conan on Wednesday, he came prepared with a clip of Cumberbatch’s axed moment in the shower. Essentially, Abrams, like Lindelof, opted to forgo a denial of objectifying the naked/ half-naked body, and instead made the case that they take an equal-opportunity approach with their more gratuitous scenes.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'