Ben Affleck To Live On $1.50/Day For 'Live Below The Line'
Ben Affleck will take part in Global Poverty Project’s Live Below the Line campaign, in which he must live on just $1.50 of food per day for five days in order to simulate what it's like to live in extreme poverty. Affleck joins the likes of Sophia Bush, Josh Groban and Nick Lachey as celebrities who are taking on the challenge.
“1.4 billion people live on less than $1.50/day,” Affleck tweeted. “I’m joining Live #BelowTheLine on behalf of @easterncongo. Will you? http://bit.ly/15MbxD4.”
Live Below the Line was started in 2009 by Rich Fleming and Nick Allardice.
"We run Live Below the Line because we think that to really fight poverty, we've got to try to understand it – and the challenge provides a glimpse of what it is like to live on $1.50/day," the organization says on its website.
The challenge runs from April 29 to May 3. Over the course of the five days participants can spend no more than $1.50 per day on food, for a total of $7.50 over the course of five days. The organization recommends people work as a team in order to pool their money to buy ingredients for food.
Live Below the Line has raised $165,242 dollars thus far.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Aimee Richardson Is A 'Princess For Hire' After 'Game Of Thrones' Recasting
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'