Bat Kid Miles, 5-Year-Old Battling Leukemia, Gets To Save San Francisco
Bat Kid, a five-year-old boy currently in remission from leukemia, had his dream of being the DC superhero Batman come true on Friday in San Francisco by the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Miles, who has suffered from leukemia for the past three years, wanted to be Batman – and Make-A Wish made it happen with the help of the city of San Francisco turning itself into Gotham. The San Francisco Chronicle got in the wish-making business, releasing a special issue of their daily newspaper with articles written by Louis Lane and Clark Kent. Local sports teams, businesses and police departments also took part in the action.
For transportation across San Francisco-turned-Gotham, Bat Kid traveled in the superhero’s signature Batmobile. Thoughout the day, he fought the bad guys – recuing a damsel in distress on the cable car tracks and stopping the Riddler from robbing a bank. Bat Kid also saved the kidnapped San Francisco Giant’s mascot Lou Seal.
The U.S. Department of Justice also played along, putting out a formal indictment against both the Riddler and the Penguin – who was behind Lou Seal’s kidnapping.
“Way to go, Miles,” said President Barack Obama in a Vine. “Way to save Gotham!”
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'Â™s Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'