Barbara Bush Against Son Jeb Bush Running For President
Barbara Bush is opposed to the idea of her son, Jeb Bush, making a play for the presidency in the 2016 national election.
Sitting down with NBC's Today show just hours before her other son and former U.S. president, George W. Bush, formally opened up his presidental library, the matriarch of the politcal family voiced her opposition to a presidential run for younger son Jeb. "We've had enough Bushes," she told NBC. "It's a great country. There are a lot of great families, and it's not just four families or whatever."
Just one day prior to Barbara Bush's interview, George W. Bush had expressed his support and encouragement for Jeb making a bid for the Republican presidential nomination. He told ABC that he believed that his brother and Florida governor would make a "marvelous candidate," but conceded that it's a "very personal decision" that Jeb would ultimately have to make.
Laura Bush, when asked whether or not she thinks her brother-in-law will seek the office of president, said, "We don't know, and we're just letting him decide."
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'¬ôs Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'