Barack Obama Echoes Gay Marriage Support At George Clooney Fundraiser
President Barack Obama echoed his support for gay marriage at a record-breaking, star-studded fundraiser held Thursday at the home of actor George Clooney. "Obviously, yesterday we made some news," Obama began, speaking to an applauding crowd that included Tobey Maguire, Salma Hayek, Barbra Streisand and Billy Crystal.
"It was a logical extension of what America is supposed to be," Obama went on to say, according to ABC News. "It grew directly out of this difference in visions: Are we a country that includes everybody and give everybody a shot and treats everybody fairly?"
The fundraising event held in Los Angeles' Studio City raked in a record-breaking $15 million from the $40,000 a plate dinner, according to host Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation.
Read more about President Obama's stance on marriage equality here:
Most Popular News
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Walker Dies At Age 40 In Tragic Car Accident
- Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell: Paul Walker'Â™s Girlfriend Collapsed After Learning Of His Death
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Steve Coogan Video Interview On 'Philomenia,' Judi Dench