Barack Obama Echoes Gay Marriage Support At George Clooney Fundraiser
President Barack Obama echoed his support for gay marriage at a record-breaking, star-studded fundraiser held Thursday at the home of actor George Clooney. "Obviously, yesterday we made some news," Obama began, speaking to an applauding crowd that included Tobey Maguire, Salma Hayek, Barbra Streisand and Billy Crystal.
"It was a logical extension of what America is supposed to be," Obama went on to say, according to ABC News. "It grew directly out of this difference in visions: Are we a country that includes everybody and give everybody a shot and treats everybody fairly?"
The fundraising event held in Los Angeles' Studio City raked in a record-breaking $15 million from the $40,000 a plate dinner, according to host Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation.
Read more about President Obama's stance on marriage equality here:
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen