Barack Obama Echoes Gay Marriage Support At George Clooney Fundraiser
President Barack Obama echoed his support for gay marriage at a record-breaking, star-studded fundraiser held Thursday at the home of actor George Clooney. "Obviously, yesterday we made some news," Obama began, speaking to an applauding crowd that included Tobey Maguire, Salma Hayek, Barbra Streisand and Billy Crystal.
"It was a logical extension of what America is supposed to be," Obama went on to say, according to ABC News. "It grew directly out of this difference in visions: Are we a country that includes everybody and give everybody a shot and treats everybody fairly?"
The fundraising event held in Los Angeles' Studio City raked in a record-breaking $15 million from the $40,000 a plate dinner, according to host Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation.
Read more about President Obama's stance on marriage equality here:
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Review Roundup: Critics Give Sequel Top Marks
- Chris Hemsworth Films Scenes As Thor For 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Tom Hardy Shoots Scenes For 'Legend'
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'