Barack Obama Echoes Gay Marriage Support At George Clooney Fundraiser
President Barack Obama echoed his support for gay marriage at a record-breaking, star-studded fundraiser held Thursday at the home of actor George Clooney. "Obviously, yesterday we made some news," Obama began, speaking to an applauding crowd that included Tobey Maguire, Salma Hayek, Barbra Streisand and Billy Crystal.
"It was a logical extension of what America is supposed to be," Obama went on to say, according to ABC News. "It grew directly out of this difference in visions: Are we a country that includes everybody and give everybody a shot and treats everybody fairly?"
The fundraising event held in Los Angeles' Studio City raked in a record-breaking $15 million from the $40,000 a plate dinner, according to host Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation.
Read more about President Obama's stance on marriage equality here:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango