FASHION WEEK: Avril Lavigne Hits Runway
Pop star-turned-fashion designer Avril Lavigne, 27, took to the runway on Monday in New York City during Fashion Week to unveil the new collection for her Abbey Dawn clothing line, for which her former sister-in-law Kylie Jenner, 15, half-sister to Lavigne's ex-boyfriend, Brody Jenner, walked the runway.
Lavigne accepted her bouquet with her own daring look, sporting a partially shaved, green-and-pink streaked hair, along with oversized eyeglasses and a cream-colored blazer over her casual black ensemble.
"Tonight I got a little wild with my hair dye in my hotel room," she told Us Weekly. "I've always dyed my hair and had fun with pinks and greens, but this evening I was celebrating Fashion Week here in New York, and the fact that I'm having a runway show, which is a major deal for me and means a lot."
Lavigne has another reason to smile, other than just the success of her clothing line. The former "Complicated" singer recently announced her engagement to Nickelback's Chad Kroeger, 37. Before her walk down the wedding aisle, Lavigne may just decide to design her own wedding dress. "I have a lot of ideas and I'm trying to figure out which direction to go," she said.
Check out more about fashion week here.
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
For more on Avril Lavigne:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV