'Avatar' Wins Sixth Week – Nears All-Time Record
James Cameron's Avatar captured the no. 1 slot for the sixth-straight weekend with $36 million, beating out the thriller Legion, starring Paul Bettany as a fallen angel, which brought in $18.2 million. Avatar's worldwide haul has now reached $1.841 billion, just shy of the Titanic's $1.843 billion total, which currently holds the record for highest-grossing film ever. Last week, Avatar won best drama and best director honors at the Golden Globes. The Book of Eli, starring Denzel Washington, came in third in its second week, with $17 million while Extraordinary Measures, featuring Harrison Ford and Brendan Fraser, came in a lackluster 7th in its debut weekend.
1. Avatar, $36 million
2. Legion, $18.2 million
3. The Book of Eli, $17 million
4. Tooth Fairy, $14.5 million
5. The Lovely Bones, $8.8 million
6. Sherlock Holmes, $7.1 million
7. Extraordinary Measures, $7 million
8. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, $6.5 million
9. It's Complicated, $6.2 million
10. The Spy Next Door, $4.8 million
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent