'Arrested Development’s Banana Stand Sets Up In Manhattan
Arrested Development’s banana stand, one of the many ill-conceived business ventures of the series’ Bluth family, is serving up frozen bananas in Manhattan through Thursday. Today, it’s at Columbus Circle.
The yellow, banana-shaped stand was erected in the Big Apple to promote Arrested Development's highly anticipated return later in the month. Netflix is set to release the new season, the series’ first since it was cancelled in 2006, on May 26.
Yesterday, roughly 2,000 chocolate dipped frozen bananas were given away in New York City. Last week, a pop up banana stand went up in London, causing people to wait in lines for up to six hours to participate in the promotion. On Friday, the Bluth banana stand will be heading to Los Angeles.
Arrested Development premiered on Fox in 2003 and was cancelled in 2006 after it failed to have its ratings catch up with its critical reception. Since it went off the air, enthusiasm for the sitcom grew. Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett and Michael Cera star in the quirky family comedy.
Most Popular News
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Walker Dies At Age 40 In Tragic Car Accident
- Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell: Paul Walker'Â™s Girlfriend Collapsed After Learning Of His Death
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Steve Coogan Video Interview On 'Philomenia,' Judi Dench