'Arrested Development’s Banana Stand Sets Up In Manhattan
Arrested Development’s banana stand, one of the many ill-conceived business ventures of the series’ Bluth family, is serving up frozen bananas in Manhattan through Thursday. Today, it’s at Columbus Circle.
The yellow, banana-shaped stand was erected in the Big Apple to promote Arrested Development's highly anticipated return later in the month. Netflix is set to release the new season, the series’ first since it was cancelled in 2006, on May 26.
Yesterday, roughly 2,000 chocolate dipped frozen bananas were given away in New York City. Last week, a pop up banana stand went up in London, causing people to wait in lines for up to six hours to participate in the promotion. On Friday, the Bluth banana stand will be heading to Los Angeles.
Arrested Development premiered on Fox in 2003 and was cancelled in 2006 after it failed to have its ratings catch up with its critical reception. Since it went off the air, enthusiasm for the sitcom grew. Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett and Michael Cera star in the quirky family comedy.
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen